FFXIV stands for Final Fantasy XIV and it is an award-winning online game set. While this game is very popular among the youth, the gamers also face a lot of issues while playing this game. This game is a multiplayer game and requires an internet connection to play. But a lot of players face an issue of the game’s lobby server error 2002. When this error occurs, this is what is displayed on the screen:
“A lobby server connection has encountered an error”.
Due to this, the gamers can’t log in to the game and play the game. Because this is a multiplayer game, if you can connect to the server, it will hamper the entire gaming experience for you and your fellow players. Therefore, in this article, we will introduce you to a few ways that help you with how to fix FFXIV lobby server error 2002. This will help you to have a better and non-restricted experience of this very popular online game. So, let’s see how we can easily fix the FFXIV server error 2002:
HOW TO FIX FFXIV LOBBY SERVER ERROR 2002
Try Restarting the Router
The Final Fantasy XIV is an online game and one of the main reasons why there is a server error might be your internet connection itself. Therefore, the first thing you should do is restart or reset your router. Switch off the router properly and unplug it. Wait for a few minutes and then plug the wire again. Now try switching on the router again and see if the server error disappears.
Connect FFXIV to the Firewall
Firewalls tend to block the route that is requires by the network to connect to the server and start the game. Therefore, you should check if the FFXIV is connected to the firewall in your device or not. Here is how you can check it.
- If you want to make sure that your FFXIV is allowed through your firewall, press the Windows + S key together.
- A search box will appear on your screen. You need to entre “Firewall” there.
- When the search results appear, click on the windows defender firewall.
- A control panel will open. Select “Allow an app or feature through the firewall” in order to open another window.
- To adjust the options, select the Change settings.
- Select FFXIV from “allow another app” in case it is not listed there already.
- Add it to both the private and public firewall, and select the OK button.
This process might help you to get rid of the “how to fix FFXIV server lobby error 2002” problem.
Switch off the Firewall
In case the firewall is blocking the path of FFXIV, you can also try turning off the firewall to make sure that is doesn’t restrict the game. The procedure of turning off the firewall is as follows:
- Firstly, you have to open the WDF control panel as mentioned in the second resolution.
- If you check towards your left, you will find the option of turning the windows firewall on or off.
- When you have found that option, click on the “turn off windows defender firewall” tab to turn the firewall off.
- Click on the OK button and the firewall window will close.
You can now try playing the game with the firewall switched off and see if the problem still persists. If no, you can enjoy your game, and if yes, we have more fixes for you.
Remove all Third Party Firewalls
If you suspect a third party firewall to be blocking the path of FFXIV on your device, make sure that you remove all such firewalls from your computers and laptops or any other devices. Here is how you can do it.
- Press the Windows + R key together on your keyboard to Launch Run.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the run box and click the OK button. The Windows uninstaller will open on your screen.
- Select the third party firewall that you are using from the options.
- Select the uninstall button and select yes to uninstall the application.
- Once you have uninstalled the firewall application, restart your computer once.
You can also try to disable such applications before uninstalling them. This can open the blockage that is restricting your game to run properly. If this doesn’t work for your device, try the next fixes.
Remove the WTFast Software
WTFast software can be another reason why your FFXIV game is not working on your device. Open the programs options and look for WTFast software. Right click on it and select uninstall. Press the yes button to confirm. This will uninstall the software and you can restart your laptop or desktop and run the FFXIV.
Use an Ethernet Cable to Connect to Internet
This fix has been helpful for a lot of people. They tried connecting to the server using an Ethernet cable. Connect the router and your PC by an Ethernet cable and then try opening the FFXIV game. A lot of players have found this hack to be very helpful when they faced a server error for the Final Fantasy XIV.
Our list of fixes for the server error issue ends here. These were a few fixes that have proved to help users to fix the issue of “how to fix FFXIV lobby server 2002”. One or more of these will surely help you to remove the error. If none of the above-mentioned fixes work for your device, you can look for other fixes online as well. The hacks that we listed down are tried and tested by us and we are confident that these will be of help to you. Also, remember that the error 2002 can frequently occur due to the sole reason of server maintenance. Therefore, do not forget to check for the same at the FFXIV forum. We hope that you have a smooth and error-free Final Fantasy FFXIV gaming experience with your fellow players.